ITC Conference Grants
ITC Conference Grants (CG) are aimed at supporting PhD students and Early Career Invesitgators (ECIs) from participating ITC to attend international science and technology related conferences on the topic of the Action that are not organised by the COST Action.
How to apply
When to apply
STRATAGEM will support a limited number of ITC CGs during each Grant Period. For further inquiries, please contact the ITC CG Coordinator Dr. Jitka Viktorova .
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- CG are exclusively reserved for PhD students and ECIs with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC.
- The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral/poster presentation/speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST Action STRATAGEM as follows: This work was supported by an ITC Conference Grant from the COST Action CA17104 STRATAGEM.
- The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the Action’s MC. Attendance at European conferences is preferred. However, conferences held elsewhere can also be considered.
- The grantee should upload the scientific report within 30 days from the end of the conference.
Evaluation and selection of applicants
The evaluation of each received CG application is performed by the Action’s MC. The evaluation criteria defined by the Action’s MC should be communicated to all potential applicants. The selection of successful applicants must be done so in consideration of the scientific scope of the proposed participation and how it will support the Action in achieving its scientific objectives.
A CG is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the delegated person(s). CGs do not necessarily cover all of the expenses related to participating in a given conference. A CG is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee.
The calculation of the financial contribution for each CG must respect the following criteria:
- Up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant.
- Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses.
- Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee.
In addition when meal and accommodation expenses are supported by the hosting institution as part of the provisions offered in their conference package, the amount for subsistence afforded to each eligible participant must be deducted from the Grant. Documentary evidence of the conference fee amount must be provided by the applicant and in kind, must be archived by the Grant Holder along with the relevant administrative documents.
List of participating COST ITCs*
Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
* In bold the countries that signed the MoU of STRATAGEM