Effective date: September 10, 2019
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
STRATAGEM collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, etc.)
- Cookies and Usage Data
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide STRATAGEM with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Upload images to the website. You should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We may also collect information how STRATAGEM web site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our web site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
STRATAGEM may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- COST Association
How will we use your data?
STRATAGEM collects your data so that we can:
- Process your request and manage your account.
- Email you with information on the activities of the action we think you might like.
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
If you agree, STRATAGEM will share your data with our partner companies and institutions listed below, so that they may offer you their products and services.
- [List organizations that will receive data]
How do we store your data?
STRATAGEM securely stores your data at third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
STRATAGEM would not send you unsolicited information about products and services.
What are your data protection rights?
STRATAGEM would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request STRATAGEM for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that STRATAGEM correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request STRATAGEM to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that STRATAGEM erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that STRATAGEM restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to STRATAGEM’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that STRATAGEM transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
Call us at: [Insert phone number]
Or write to us: [Insert address]
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – STRATAGEM uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – STRATAGEM uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that STRATAGEM has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may send an email to email@example.com together with a proof of your identity or write to the following address: COST Association, Privacy department, Avenue Louise 149, 1050 Brussels, Belgium.