Online Hands-on Workshop for Analyzing and Visualizing Data with R
The deadline for applications is 1st March, 18:00 CET. Limited participants’ number.
Admission is only open to researchers from STRATAGEM-registered laboratories. Classes will take place on March 8, 10, 11 & 12, 2021 (time: 14:00 to 17:00 CET, via distant learning.)
The workshop/course is organized by Alex Tolios, Javier De Las Rivas, and Thomas Mohr.
Requirements for application:
- Basic knowledge of R, and
- You should have R & Rstudio installed
- You should have packages installed (which will be announced)
Day 1: Introduction and data preprocessing
– General introduction to GNU R
– using GNU R as a calculator
– data types
– assigning objects
– using functions.
– A ‘shallow in-depth view’ of data frames
– using data frames to store data and other things
– basic data frame operations
– selecting columns filtering rows based on conditions
– manipulating data in data frames
Day 2: Plotting using the grammar of graphics
– General introduction on how to use the ggplot2 library
– general plot aesthetics
– dimensionality using ggplot
– Useful examples of generating specific plots
– Combining multiple elements into a single plot
– overlay plots using different elements
– multi-facetted plots
– combining different plots
Day 3: Analysis of omics data with R
– From raw data to a dataset: Quality Control, Pre-processing
– Use of Packages for transcriptomic data analysis
– Proteomics Approaches
Day 4: Using R to query and explore genomic and proteomic databases
– Query and explore GEO genomic database
– Query and explore HPA proteomic database
- The organizers can accommodate 25 participants, the modality of registration is as follows:
- Registration ends March 1, 18:00 CET.
- Admission is only open to those from STRATAGEM-registered laboratories
- In order to guarantee broad dissemination, each lab can register one or more persons. If a lab registers several persons, it has to rank them.
- Places will be awarded first come first serve for the persons ranked first.
- If there are places left, persons ranked second will be approved.
- If there are places left, persons ranked third will be approved, etc.
Applications should be send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Events / News